4.26.2008

The Challenge Commences...

So I began my first assignment. I read through Genesis, Chapter 1 and I'm thinking, not bad. I've read this part many, many times in the past. In the beginning, day one, day two and so on and so forth until God takes a breather. Then, I get to chapter 2 and a funny thought occurs to me. I'm reading the part about where God wants Adam to give names to all the animals and for some reason, I find this really funny. I began to imagine in my mind what in the world that must have looked and sounded like and so I started making some notes. I keep reading and I start seeing more funny stuff. I make more notes. Pretty soon, my notes become a word document and I'm cross-referencing, googling for more info and calling up my new buddy, Mr. Merriam-Webster to help me out. Before I know it, I'm down quite a few pages and I'm thinking this Bible-reading business might not be so bad after all. I just have to find a way to relate to the material in a way that works for me and lo and behold, I believe I have. (Pay no attention to the "lo and behold"-bit...I'm just really excited because I think I may be onto something). So, without further ado, may I present to you...
61-Days Through the Bible from Genesis to Revelation: The High Points, The Low Points and Many Points in Between Which Scholarly Commentators Seem to Leave Out - Coincidental, I Think Not: An Hysterical Look Into the Historical Events That Shaped Our Present Lives A 'Comic-Tary' By: Kristy Lucas

No comments: